2020-2021 Sign Up
Think you are ready to sign up?
- What is your Level of Participation? Talk with your parents to decide how much time you will commit to robotics?
- Decide which Adult Roles fit your family's schedule and skills. This program doesn’t happen without the parents, family and community members. I frequently hear from parents, “My teen doesn’t want me to help.” Teens, you are going to have to receive help from adults, and even your own parents. One day you will be independent, but to build a successful robotics team, we need everyone’s help. If there are extenuating circumstances, please email email@example.com to describe the situation.
- Talk to your friends about your decisions. If you and your friend sign up for two different participation levels, you will be on different teams, regardless of whether or not you listed them as a friend request. Although this may be a difficult decision at the beginning, we have watched many friendships become strained because of frustration over differing levels of commitment. It happens very frequently, and frankly is the whole point of the levels of participation. Be true to yourself and your interests and sign up for the level that you feel is the best fit and honor your friend's choice to do the same. You can still be friends, maybe even carpool to many meetings. Sometimes your teams end up at the same tournaments. And you will meet some new people and they just might become friends too.
- Sign Up Google Form: Fill this out with your parents.
- EPS Activities Registration with $95 fee filled out with your parents.
- Click the “Registration” tab on the left
- Scroll down & click on FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)
- Log in or set up a login
- Next to Student's name click register
- Click “Start” and read & fill out the forms forms
- Add payment method (if needed) & pay
- Paper forms: print, fill out and sign the following:
- Write a check for $410 to Edina Robotics Foundation with “FTC dues” in the memo line.
- Mail paper forms with check to Ging Wiandt 4404 Gilford Dr Edina, MN 55435.
- The DEADLINE is Wednesday August 11.
*Both student and Adult Mentor will need to register with FIRST at no cost.
*Adult Mentor will need to complete a background check with Edina Public Schools.
We are so glad you are joining us! It is going to be a great season!